JBoss 3.2.3, with Postgres 3.x
We are experiencing timeouts when Autonumber is used. It seems that several different
entity beans try to get the next integer, but timeouts. We have ported from 3.0.8 to
3.2.3 recently.

Exception:
TransactionRolledbackException in method: public abstract java.lang.Integer
org.jboss.varia.autonumber.AutoNumber.getValue() throws java.rmi.RemoteException,
causedBy:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Transaction marked for rollback, possibly a timeout

Changelog 3.2.3RC1 says:
varia/src/main/org/jboss/varia/autonumber/AutoNumberFactory.java
comments: Synchronize the class methods so that this class is thread safe. See [
825942 ] AutoNumberFactory not thread safe.

I guess the syncronization cause the timeouts.

Have anyone experienced same problems?

Deploying an Autonumber for each entity, does not help(?), since the Factory use a
static syncronized method.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3822708#3822708

Reply to the post :