We are using JBoss 3.2.3 with Sybase as the JMS Store

If we restart JBoss with a significant number of messages (for eg above 15000) on any
of the JMS queues. It takes very long time to start up.

Logs suggest that the server is trying to load the JMS queue (one with a very high
queue depth). At one point the the startup took a very long time and resulted in an
out of memory exception. The only way we could get the server to start was by
increasing the heap size from 256 to 512 (the other option was to delete/drain the
queue).

Is there configuration to configure the server to not load the entire queue during
startup?

Rgds,

Amresh

View the original post :