I've tried to make a call to a session EJB from an unsiged applet. How-ever, this
seems to be impossible.

At first I got the exception  java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.lang.RuntimePermission org.jboss.security.SecurityAssociation.getPrincipalInfo).
This is fixed, by removing all client security checks in conf/standardjboss.xml.
However, another exception occurs:

  | access denied (java.io.SerializablePermission enableSubstitution)
  |
  | java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.io.SerializablePermission enableSubstitution)

  |     at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

I know this could be fixed by adding an option in the java.polocy file:

  |  permission java.io.SerializablePermission "enableSubstitution";

But that isn't a soluction, because every client has to do this before it's possible
to use the applet :(.

Is there a workaround available, for calling EJB's with applets, without signing the
applet, and without adding entries to the java.polocy file? According to this example:
http://jboss.sourceforge.net/doc-24/ch11s21.html it was possible in JBoss 2.4; but I
cannot get this example working in JBoss 3.2.3.

Thanks very much in advance

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3823794#3823794

Reply to the post :