Here is the correct application.xml. I think my cut and paste was faulty in the
original post.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd";>

    <display-name>MSCO676Lab3</display-name>

            <web-uri>MSCO676Lab3Web.war</web-uri>
            <context-root>/MSCO676Lab3Web</context-root>

        MSCO676Lab3EJB.jar

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3824483#3824483";>View
the original post</a>