In Tomcat, I have not been able to get it to recognize any of the aliases (JBoss
3.2.3).  It only seems to works with the value I put in the host name:

  |      <Host name="thisworks">
  |          <alias>this.does.not.work</alias>

When I enter an alias for the url in the web browser, JBoss/Tomcat appears to try to
look for that context in localhost:

02:53:28,461 INFO  [Engine] StandardHost[localhost]: MAPPING configuration error for
request URI /the-app

Since the application is tied to the "thisworks" virtual host, it is no longer
available in localhost, but is available under http://thisworks/the-app, but is not
available under http://this.does.not.work/the-app.  Thus, virtual hosting appears to
be working, but aliases are not.

Am I doing something wrong?