I have seen that this problem is not specific to jboss, but more generally involves
RMI.

With localhost defined as 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts, RMI based servers refuse servicing
the requests, and force remote clients to address the node 127.0.0.1 (i.e. the client
itself).

If you assign to localhost the real machine IP address, things work.

I would like to know if this is a Mandrake bug, or more generally a Linux bug.

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3825947#3825947";>View
the original post</a>

<a