Hello,

We have an application that create entities (let's say a Book) when some message is
send to a queue. An MDB picks up the message, translate its content and create a new
entity with the value contained in this XML.

Most of the time, the message contains an array of Books to create.

When playing with thread dump and stuff llike that I discovered something I couldn't
explain.

Jboss 3.2.3 / Instance Per Transaction container /JDK 1.4.2
Redhat 9
Postgres 7.3.4

5 messages are sent on this queue containing 50 "create-book" instructions each.

5 MDBS are then instanciated and starts parsing the message. Then 4 of them are locked
till the first one complete. Once the second one complete, the third one starts
processing.

Using a thread dump, the 4 threads (MDB threads) waits on the create() method of the
Book's session facade. How can I configure my system so that I can create two books at
the same time within two different transactions.

Regards,

Stephane

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3827911#3827911";>View