1) In my measurements UIL2 is faster than OIL
(except for the time required to connect on a local machine which takes longer
because of thread pool construction). It is on my list to improve the thread pooling
generally in jbossmq. See the development forums.

2) UIL2 does less synchronization so what you are probably seeing is more
concurrency allowed in the server leading to more contention.
One of the ways it does this is to pass off requests to a threadpool so
it can process the next request immediately.
See my previous comment where I mention I made improvements in 3.2.4RC1
to parts of the server.
Try 3.2.4RC1 to see if you have the same problem.
The JDBC3 persistence manager will scale better (even if you are not
persisting) because it does less cloning of the messages for topics.

3) Yes 3.2.4RC1 contains configration for dummy persistence/caching
in docs/examples/jms
This has less overhead at the expense that your memory is not protected if the
messages do not fit in memory.

If you have a profiler, list the points where you are seeing contention.

You might also try a 2.6 kernel which has a working implementation of NPTL.
It handles thread scheduling much more efficiently.
I'm not convinced 2.6 is production ready as yet though.

Regards,
Adrian

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3827919#3827919";>View