I'm trying to access the JavaMail provider I've configured in mail-service.xml, under java:/Mail. If I lookup "java:/Mail" in my MDB, all works fine.

However, if I try to access "java:/comp/env/mail/MailProvider" - as I believe I've configured ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml, then I get Naming exceptions indicating that "mail" is not bound, so obviously - my JNDI configuration in ejb-jar and jboss.xml is NOT correct.

Here's what I have:

ejb-jar.xml:
        <resource-ref >
           <res-ref-name>mail/MailProvider</res-ref-name>
           <res-type>javax.mail.Session</res-type>
           <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
        </resource-ref>

jboss.xml:
        <resource-ref>
           <res-ref-name>mail/MailProvider</res-ref-name>
           <jndi-name>java:/Mail</jndi-name>
        </resource-ref>

These are auto-generated by XDoclet via the following tags:

* @jboss.resource-ref
*           res-ref-name = "mail/MailProvider"
*           jndi-name = "java:/Mail"
* @ejb.resource-ref
*           res-ref-name = "mail/MailProvider"
*           res-type = "javax.mail.Session"
*           res-auth = "Container"

I'm a bit at a loss here ... what's going on? jBoss 3.2.3 on WinXP.

TIA

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst