I have been chasing down exactly this problem for the last week.

My two previous posts are on this and related issues.

I wanted to invalidate entity beans in JBoss using asynchronous events generated by
database triggers.

I started off trying to send JMS messages directly to the JBoss cache invalidation
service from Java stored procedures in Oracle.  I managed to get this working after a
fashion in Oracle 9.0.1, but it was throwing an Exception in server.log with every
message due to acknowledgements not being received properly.   I raised this issue
with Oracle Metalink and they informed me that they were de-supporting pretty much of
all of J2EE in Oracle 9.2 and above.  They want you too use OC4J.
So I've decided that sending JMS messages from Oracle to JBoss is out.

I considered sending messsages to Oracle AQ, and doing an EJB callout from there, but
seems likely to run into similar problems when Oracle loses J2EE (although I haven't
investigated that idea fully).
I don't know about the patch that p0six mentions.

I'm actually now thinking of writing an mbean to run as a service in JBoss and using
good old-fashioned sockets to send messages from Oracle.  This means I only have to
use J2SE functionality which Oracle will (hopefully) continue to support for the
foreseeable future.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3828298#3828298

Reply to the post :