The Database is being created with AutoIncrement, but The issue we have is not exactly
that, the fields id are auto_increment but we are not going to be creating records
using the relationship (in this case) with the related field having to create an
autoincrement, We have several Predefined TransTypes, that each transaction can refer
to one of them. We would do a find to get the transtype and pass it into the
transaction create function - So you are saying that we pass the Class in anyway but
the setTr_type function that we use is in the postcreate not the ejbcreate function
for it to process the class correctly. and please enlighten me - the cmr field is the
field in the table that is the FK, and that field doesn't have to be declared as a CMP
field either as it is processed in the postcreate.... The errors we have been having
are varied from Cant find tr_type to cant have 2 primary keys -  We tried the using
the unknown pk for the autoincrement at first but somehow we have it working correctly
here anyway....
but we need to enforce the field tr_type as a bigint not a blob as we need to just
store the reference -
If we are doing that will it work automatically or not - are there any easy to
understand tutorials that cover the system we are using?

Mike.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3830015#3830015

Reply to the post :