Hello,

I have a big problem with my application.
I have a transaction witch will take some time to complete - about 10 minutes in
general. Here the transaction context is Required. Inside the trancation many entity
beans are accessed, removed and created.
During this transaction someone could walk on the website - the website also needs
read-access to the same beans.
To avoid deadlocks I'm using "Instance Per Transaction CMP 2.x EntityBean" as
container-configuration.
The problem occures, that the calls to the website even are going though a
transaction-type "Never" SessionBean call and are blocked - so I will get the
following error:

Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBException: Update failed. Expected one affected row:
rowsAffected=0id=136026
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreEntityCommand.execute(Lorg.jboss.ejb.EntityEnterpriseContext;)V(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.storeEntity(Lorg.jboss.ejb.EntityEnterpriseContext;)V(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.storeEntity(Lorg.jboss.ejb.EntityEnterpriseContext;)V(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.storeEntity(Lorg.jboss.ejb.EntityEnterpriseContext;)V(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.GlobalTxEntityMap.synchronizeEntities(Ljavax.transaction.Transaction;)V(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.GlobalTxEntityMap$GlobalTxEntityMapSynchronize.beforeCompletion()V(Optimized
 Method)
        at org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl.doBeforeCompletion()V(Optimized Method)
        at org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl.commit()V(Optimized Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.endTransaction(Lorg.jboss.invocation.Invocation;Ljavax.transaction.Transaction;Ljavax.transaction.Transaction;)V(Optimize
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(Lorg.jboss.invocation.Invocation;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(Lorg.jboss.invocation.Invocation;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(Lorg.jboss.invocation.Invocation;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(Lorg.jboss.invocation.Invocation;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(Lorg.jboss.invocation.Invocation;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.internalInvoke(Lorg.jboss.invocation.Invocation;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Lorg.jboss.invocation.Invocation;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.lang.reflect.Method;[Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.EntityProxy.invoke(Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.lang.reflect.Method;[Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized
 Method)
        at $Proxy102.getModifiedDate()Ljava.util.Date;(Unknown Source)

May this be a result of a container managed relationship?
All getter of this entity beans are marked as "supported" transaction.
The last possibility would be to create special read-only entity beans for calling
them for website displaying - but this will result in a lot of work. is there maybe
another solution what I've not found?

Thank you very much,

Sascha Kulawik

View the original post :