Aha,

Seems that the class not being found is not the one reported on in the stacktrace.

One of the libraries imported was not visible on the production box.

I think there should be a design pattern for classloaders and utilities that prohibits
them from catching and rethrowing exceptions. That way the true class not being found
will show inthe exception, and not some other use class.

Granted the user class needs to be fixed (or the library made visible).

Struts seems to be a master at rethrowing exceptions after destroying the pointer to
the place in the application that is in error. I guess I will now be more wary of the
exceptions that are thrown by Jakarta libs.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835714#3835714

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3835714