import javax.naming.InitialContext;
import javax.naming.NamingException;
import javax.sql.DataSource;

public class DbBean {

        private static DataSource pool;

        public static DataSource getPool() {
                return pool;
        }

        public static void makePool() throws Exception{
                try{
                        Context env = (Context) new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env");

                        //Look up a DataSource, which represents a connection pool
                        pool = (DataSource)env.lookup("jdbc/OracleDS");
                        if (pool == null)
                                throw new Exception("'OracleDS' is an unknown
DataSource");

                } catch (NamingException ne){
                        throw new Exception(ne.getMessage());

                }
        }

        //method used for fetching data (only 1 column)
        public ArrayList getSelect(String sql){
                Statement st = null;
                ArrayList arrList = new ArrayList();
                                Connection connection = null;
                                try {
                                        connection = pool.getConnection();
                                        st = connection.createStatement();
                                } catch (SQLException e1) {
                                        e1.printStackTrace();
                                }

                                try{
                                        ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery(sql);
                                        while(rs.next()){
                                                arrList.add(rs.getObject(1));
                                        }
                                          rs.close();
                                          st.close();
                                          connection.close();
                                        }
                                catch (SQLException e) {
                                        e.printStackTrace();
                                }
                return arrList;
        }

        //method used for checking login access
        public boolean getLogin(String sql) {
                Statement st = null;
                ResultSet rs = null;
                boolean found = false;

                Connection connection = null;
                try {
                        connection = pool.getConnection();
                        st = connection.createStatement();
                        rs = st.executeQuery(sql);
                        if (rs.next())
                                found = true;
                        else
                                found = false;
                        rs.close();
                        st.close();
                        connection.close();

                } catch (SQLException e1) {
                        e1.printStackTrace();
                }
                return found;
        }
}

When I say connection.close() , the connection is given back to the pool. Am I wrong ?
How is it possible that my pool is running out of connections?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835801#3835801

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3835801