There are no architectural considersations. It is purely a case of following the spec.
I have little interest in how other jms implementations break the spec, especially
on a method that is explicity described as non-portable.

I don't see how it can be made portable. Although most vendors implement the JMS spec
in a fairly literal manner, the jms api can be used to wrap disparate messaging
systems.
e.g. it could wrap an e-mail system, then you could have:

Queue queue = session.createQueue("[EMAIL PROTECTED]");
Topic mailingList = session.createTopic("[EMAIL PROTECTED]");

My prefered solution would be for the spec to standardize on a set of jms messages that
could be sent to a spec defined destination (e.g. JMS_ADMIN) to configure the server.

e.g.

  | QueueSender sender = session.createSender(jmsAdmin);
  | AdminMessage adminMessage = session.createAdminMessage();
  | adminMessage.setType(AdminMessage.CREATE_TOPIC);
  | adminMessage.setName("MyTopic");
  | adminMesasge.setProperty(...);
  | adminMessage.setRoles(...);
  | sender.send(adminMessage);

But I guess that suggestion will have to wait until work starts on JMS2.0,
there are no plans for such a review that I'm aware of.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835998#3835998

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3835998