Here the first answers, before the thread got lost:

Part of my Error Message:
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Die Datenbank hat
ein unspezifizierter Fehler zurückgegeben

First answer: sorry lost authors nameQ

Transation type not required ?
Do you try with JBoss 3.2.3 (3.2.4 series not stable for me) ?
Try also to specify read-ahead option with a fixed page-size.

It says teh database has given an unspecified error. I think the read-ahead with
pagesize might help. Also, I think you're using the XA datasource version of the
driver. Give the NON-XA version a try if you're not using distributed transactions
(and if you don't know if you are then you probably aren't). Writing good XA drivers
is hard, I highly doubt Microsoft's fairly new driver for Java is a very successful
implementation.
________________
Andrew C. Oliver
Mail Services Lead
JBoss, Inc.

It works fine for me under JBoss 3.2.3 with a collection of 1000 elements (with the
MSSQL XA driver).
So for me 3 solutions:

1) JDBC XA procedures perhaps not installed
2) CMP engine for JBoss 3.2.4 bugged (other topics in this forum seems to prove that).
3) Use read-ahead with fixed page size to prevent the CMP engine making its own
choices.

Did you add "SelectMethod=Cursor" in your connection string to MSSql?

Using the jdbc driver from MS do not using cursors for larger resultsets if this
parameter is not specified, and it fails.

/Goran

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835734#3835734

Reply to the post :