We are currently converting from hypersonic to PostgreSQL and I have a simple
question. The answer may already be in the forums, but search doesn't seem to be
working today (searching all forums for postgres or postgresql produces zero
results!). My question is this:

When using Hypersonic, JBoss starts up the Hypersonic database during the JBoss
startup sequence, and shuts it down when JBoss shuts down. Can we configure JBoss to
do the same with PostgreSQL? Does anyone have any experience doing this? The
instructions we have found on the forum so far describe how to configure the adaptor
that connects to PostgreSQL, but not how to configure JBoss to start/stop PostgreSQL.

Any help would be appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835767#3835767

Reply to the post :