I am building a system that federates different datasources and then delivers them in
a common fashion through a known logical vocabulary.  Some of the databases require
application managed security, in other words, they require the user to login to the
database with a database specific account.  I know how to setup for using the JAAS
username and password or for setting up a default username and password but I can't
figure out how to imply application managed security.  I have all of the documentation
and I understand where to configure <application-managed-security/> in the
configuration files but I can't find an example of how to supply the username and
password if the connection is not already pooled?  I have seen many references to
getConnection(username, password) but is there an example of how this would be used?
I currently have a configuration database that stores the type of datasources
available and their connection information.  I could query this database to get the
necessary username and password and the type of security for the specific datastore.

Thanks
Jerry

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3836255#3836255