This is the copy of my post:

I confirm that this is a change in behaviour between 3.2.3 and 3.2.4RC2.
3.2.3 has a bug in on-find read-ahead for single-object finders. I.e. when the result
of a finder is a single object which is preloaded on-find with some load group which
doesn't cover all the fields in the default load group (*), first access (even to the
field that was preloaded) to this found instance will load the default load group
anyway. Which is obviously wrong.
The difference between 3.2.3 and 3.2.4 is that if at least some data was loaded from
read-ahead cache 3.2.4 does not proceed to load the default load group while 3.2.3
does.

So, in the case above, the data (CMR field) was preloaded and other CMP field access
triggers lazy-loading. This is expected behaviour according to the fix. I still have
to think about this.

To prevent this you can:
1) define a lazy-load group and load all the fields at once on first access with
on-load read-ahead (like 3.2.3 in this case)
2) define on-find read-ahead for the relationship and preload all the data at once at
CMR access. This is even better than 1).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3836390#3836390

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3836390