Yes, I understand that. I was just trying to confirm if that would be the only way of
doing it or if I was missing something.

Personally I think a kind of configuration as ORION Server's is better since you don't
need to change any code on your application, but I understand that the way JBoss was
coded probably needs them to be MBeans.

Still, there are a couple of things. First the applications probably won't be j2ee
client apps, just simple standalone java apps (at least most of the times).

Second, by using MBeans I'll have to add additional code to my application, so they
won't run in standalone if I need to at some point.
I have yet much to read about MBeans and I'll do it shortly. I guess I should be able
to find a solution that will allow my app to run both in standalone and as MBeans. Do
you have any advice or best practices to do it?

Also, when using MBeans besides jboss-application.xml is there any other specific
files I should include in the META-INF directory of my app jar file? And is there any
way of telling JBoss that a specific MBean inside a EAR is to auto-start or not, or
will JBoss start every single MBean declared in the EAR file?

Thanks for the reply

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3836742#3836742

Reply to the post :