When I did 'ctrl + c' to stop jboss, the JMS seems to perform a close on the testTopic
but failed.  My question is how to gracefully shuts down the MDB that had the
connection and session created for the testTopic that this kind of error won't happen
when jboss is shuting down.  So, I cut and paste the code from my MDB in ejbRemove to
show you if there is anything that I should have done in that routine.  Other than
ejbRemove, I don't know anywhere else to look for things that a graceful shutdown can
be achieved.

Let me try one more time to make myself clear, when jboss shuts down, how MDB can
perform a graceful shutting down itself so that the
JMSDestinationManager.closeDestination won't encounter the error as listed in the
following.

Hope this makes sense now.
Thank you.

Alan

---------

2004-05-29 09:56:57,485 ERROR [org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Topic.testTopic] Destroying
failed
javax.jms.JMSException: The destination is being used.
        at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSDestinationManager.closeDestination(JMSDestinationManager.java:807)
        at
org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.DestinationMBeanSupport.destroyService(DestinationMBeanSupport.java:142)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.destroy(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:284)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor62.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:546)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:976)
        at $Proxy14.destroy(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.destroy(ServiceController.java:531)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.destroy(ServiceController.java:522)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.destroy(ServiceController.java:522)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.destroy(ServiceController.java:522)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.destroy(ServiceController.java:522)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor60.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:546)
        at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
        at $Proxy4.destroy(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.destroy(SARDeployer.java:408)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.destroy(MainDeployer.java:522)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.undeploy(MainDeployer.java:473)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.shutdown(MainDeployer.java:359)
        at
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:546)
        at
org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl$ShutdownHook.shutdownDeployments(ServerImpl.java:849)
        at
org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl$ShutdownHook.shutdown(ServerImpl.java:824)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl$ShutdownHook.run(ServerImpl.java:812)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3836837#3836837

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3836837