Hi,
I am trying to get a CORBA client to talk to an EJB within JBoss but am failing
miserably.

I have changed my invoker binding in JBoss so that the EJB can communicate over IIOP
rather than the default setting and I can connect to JBoss using the Corba Naming
Service. The client even gets back the IOR of the EJB but when the helper stub tries
to cast it to the relevant object it fails with a BAD_PARAM exception.

My main confusion lies with the fact that I have read that I need to create CORBA
wrappers in order for the EJB to work, but I have also read other articles that claim
CORBA to EJB is possible without any mention of these wrapper classes.

Also if I create wrapper classes that talk to the CORBA client why do I need to set
the EJB invoker binding to IIOP as it will just talk to the wrapper locally using RMI.

Please help, we want to use JBoss for this application but time is running out and we
may have to jump ship.

Cheers,

Barney

View the original post :