Umlauts also gets rendered in ISO8859-1.
I have worked for the last 5 years with Apple's WebObjects. You defined the encoding
while rendering the html and versa, second you defined the encoding to the data back
end (DB). That was it. No problems. I am new to J2EE. I am good in Servlet programming
and have some experience with JSP - no problem there with umlauts!. But the real J2EE
thing like EJB's and all other technologies are new to me. So I am a little bit lost
where to search for the critical code snippets. Should I search in the EJB code, in
some code of JBoss or only in the Nukes code base?

But in my opinion, if text renders in a text field differently than the same text in
the preview, that's strange. I assume, there is no db interaction for the preview. So
text is only sent to the module and the module send back the text to the text field
and the preview section - but with different encodings!

If I get some hints where to start, it would be helpful.

Regards,

Cyrill

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3837425#3837425