Hi ,
I just followed the tutorial for JAAS and tried implementing my own protection of my
sample webapp. Everything seems to work okay, but no matter what i put for a password
or login (valid or not), i am able to access my page?

Is there a way to turn up logging so taht i can see what the problem is behind the
scenes.

I tried to break it by referencinng  a non-existent policy name in my jboss-web.xml.
but it still went thru w/o any errors?

Also,
if i have a servlet/jsp only web app. do i only package web.xml and jboss-web.xml in
my war?

my jboss-web.xml is really simple and wonder if that is contributing to the problem.
it looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jboss-web>
    <security-domain>java:/jaas/testMW</security-domain>
</jboss-web>

Thanks!

ec.

View the original post :