We're using JBoss 3.2.3 on Windows 2000, with the default Hypersonic SQL persistence.
We are trying to get UIL2 to work as the IL for connections to remote destinations
(just queues, in our case). So we form connections to remote queues using
"UIL2ConnectionFactory", and to local ones with the recommended
"java:/ConnectionFactory" that gives you the JVM IL.

Most of our JMS configuration is the same as the default, except that we totally
turned off OIL/OIL2/RMI ILs by taking the files oil-service.xml etc. out of
deploy/jms. We did this because we found OIL to be too unstable, and intended not to
use it at all in our system.

We're finding that often on startup, the UIL2 connections to remote queues often (but
not always) fail with this error:

2004-06-14 00:05:30,039 ERROR [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] Exiting on
unexpected error in read task
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid msgType: 0
        at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.msgs.BaseMsg.createMsg(BaseMsg.java:158)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.run(SocketManager.java:287)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Then onException() for our ExceptionListener for that remote connection gets called.

This read error seems kind of strange, because this remote connection is used only to
send messages, never receive them. I believe the error occurs as soon as we first try
to send a message over the connection.

On the receiving side, there is a JVM IL connection to the destination queue. Could
mixing UIL2 and JVM IL cause this kind of problem? Or is it likely something else?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :-)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3838616#3838616

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3838616