My apologies if this is the wrong place for this topic.  I'm having an issue where
socketTimeoutExceptions are occurring due to the OS clock getting set forward in the
mornings using a network time server.

What's happening is the following:
My server is up and running when I go home in the evening.  Every morning, a Windows
scheduled task runs that executes the following batch file:
'net time \\<time_server> /set /y'
It seems that if the clock has fallen behind on the server by some threshold, then
after synching the time, I get socketTimeoutExceptions from OILServerILService, and
the server stops accepting new connections.  I found a little information on the web
stating that there is a default read timeout of 70 seconds, and that the client pings
the server every 60 seconds.  My question is, is there an ideal way of working around
this problem?  I do performance testing using multiple servers, and they need to have
synchronized clocks for the performance data to properly correlate.  I could
potentially just manually synch them then restart JBoss, but this is definitely not
ideal.  Any recommendations?

A snippet of the exception trace from JBoss' server.log:

2004-06-12 10:07:25,095 WARN  [org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILServerILService] Connection
failure (1).
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(Unknown
Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.refill(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readByte(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readByte(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILServerILService$Client.run(OILServerILService.java:206)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2004-06-12 10:08:08,267 WARN  [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure:
org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Connection Failed; - nested throwable:
(java.io.EOFException)
        at org.jboss.mq.Connection.asynchFailure(Connection.java:718)
        at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1311)
        at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ClockDaemon$RunLoop.run(ClockDaemon.java:364)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readByte(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readByte(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILServerIL.waitAnswer(OILServerIL.java:601)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILServerIL.ping(OILServerIL.java:424)
        at org.jboss.mq.Connection.pingServer(Connection.java:1141)
        at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1307)
        ... 2 more

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3838698#3838698

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3838698