Hi

I'm log4j (v 1.2.8) in my web application for logging purposes. My web
application runs in  JBOSS 3.2.1 . I'm also using AXIS v.1.1

After starting  JBOSS I got the following error on  JBOSS console and
nothing is printed on console after this error.

----------
Error: invalid consoleappender config detected, console stream is looping
----------

I've spent lots of time to solve this problem. But still I'm not able
to resolve it.

Any help/leads will be greatly appreciated!

log4j properties file I'm using is as follows:
----
# Root logger, uses appender by name of WSHLog
log4j.rootLogger=INFO
# WSH logger, user can set the logging level to any of the following
# DEBUG, INFO, WARNING, ERROR, FATAL. Currently we are using DEBUG
# Appender used by our logger is named WSHLog
log4j.logger.WSHLogger=INFO, WSHLog
# set its additivity to false
# this is to ensure that logging requests to WSH Logger do not
# go to loggers up in hierarchy
log4j.additivity.WSHLogger=false
# WSHLog appender, rolling file appender with file size 100KB, max 10
files
log4j.appender.WSHLog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
# WSH log file name
log4j.appender.WSHLog.File=wsh.log
# maximum file size, once this size is reached the current file will
# be moved to wsh.log.1, wsh.log.1 will move to wsh.log.2 and so on
log4j.appender.WSHLog.MaxFileSize=500KB
# Keep 10 backup files
log4j.appender.WSHLog.MaxBackupIndex=10
# layout for logging
log4j.appender.WSHLog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.WSHLog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p - %C{1}::%M
%m%n

----

thanks & regards,
Naresh