Hi,

after some more investigations we're now able to provide some more
informations on this topic. I can describe the situation leading to the
NoClassDefFoundError.

We have at the client a reference to a statefull session bean, say A,
and a reference to an other stateless session bean, say B. Than we
pass B as parameter to a call of a method of A. In fact, a proxy object will
be transferred from the client to the server. When the server tries to
unmarshall the parameters of the call, it cannot find the class definition
for this proxy, which was originally generated by the same server.

This works with RMI/JRMP on all platforms, but with RMI/HTTP only on
Windows and Linux, not on AIX. We now tried Java 1.4.1 on AIX too, with
the same result.  Are there any known differences between the Sun
JVMs and the IBM JVM, especially on class loading issues?

Regards
Helmut

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3839556#3839556