We constantly get client disconnected exceptions when using messaging. We use the UIL2
connection layer on JBoss 3.2.1.

When we run JBoss and the messaging client on the same machine we never get the error
but when they run on different machines, after about an hour or two the clients get
disconnected.

The networks we run are terribly unresponsive and I believe that it is this that is
causing the messaging to fail regularly.

UIL2 has two settings PingPeriod and ReadTimeout which are set to 60000 and 70000
respectively. If I change PingPeriod to 69999 then I can recreate the client
disconnected error when running the client and JBoss locally.

What is the best way to tune the two settings to stop the client disconnected errors?
Can they both be set to 0 such that no disconnection checks are performed at all?
Should I increase the ReadTimeout value to a huge number whilst leaving PingPeriod on
60000?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Stack trace follows:

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Cannot send a message to the JMS server; - nested
throwable: (java.io.IOException: Client is not connected)
        at org.jboss.mq.Connection.sendToServer(Connection.java:1251)
        at org.jboss.mq.SpySession.sendMessage(SpySession.java:699)
        at org.jboss.mq.SpyTopicPublisher.internalPublish(SpyTopicPublisher.java
:120)
        at org.jboss.mq.SpyTopicPublisher.publish(SpyTopicPublisher.java:68)

Myles

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3839784#3839784

Reply to the post :