Greetings,

I want to apply a basic authentication on jmx-console by just uncomment the
web.xml/jboss-web.xml as referred in JBOSS FAQ.

I did it, and it started to ask the login and password. However, even if a put a non
existent user and/or a bad password, the authentication pass always OK!?

I'm using jboss 3.2.4 with the standard configurations.

What's wrong here?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.

  | #jmx-console-users.properties
  | admin=admin
  |
  | #jmx-console-roles.properties
  | admin=JBossAdmin
  |
  | #web.xml
  |  <login-config>
  |       <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
  |       <realm-name>JBoss JMX Console</realm-name>
  |    </login-config>
  |
  |    <security-role>
  |       <role-name>JBossAdmin</role-name>
  |    </security-role>
  |
  | #jboss-web.xml
  | <security-domain>java:/jaas/jmx-console</security-domain>
  |
  | #login-config.xml
  | <application-policy name = "jmx-console">
  |        <authentication>
  |           <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required">
  |              <module-option
name="usersProperties">jmx-console-users.properties</module-option>
  |              <module-option
name="rolesProperties">jmx-console-roles.properties</module-option>
  |           </login-module>
  |        </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>

View the original post :