I ve been running tests (say a message every 20 seconds) of our product in JBoss
3.2.3, all was fine, but after 7th day, a particular MDB was not receiving messages
from a queue, the MDB was active. The queue's  depth was showing the exact number of
messages that were not delivered to  the MDB that were equal to the exact number of
request that were pending in  our application. Message cache total cache size was
equal to the same number  of undelivered messages. Can you please give me some insight
as to why this  is happening. System health is good, the only reason I can see is that
MessageListener thread had stopped, Is that really possible ?

Why are the messages being cached ? Why the MDB which was  perfectly consuming
messages suddenly stopped. The queue is active, MDB is  active why is that MDB is not
picking up the messages. Is it due to Heap  size issues ? (Heap is far above 50M)

Moment I restart the server, all the queued messages are sequentially processed by the
MDB. Please do let me know.

Thanks
Ganesh.

PS: Thanks Adrian, my mistake I should ve posted here before.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3840154#3840154

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3840154