I am trying to use a client to access a topic on a remote machine running JBoss. The
JBoss 3.2.4 system (linux) is not running on default ports but is using ports-01
configuration (something else is running on some of the default ports) so jndi is
running on 1199 ..

The client is using the jbossall-client.jar

I get and exception of form Naming Exception javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root
exception is java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table]

I have placed fuller exception trace below.

It all works fine if I have them on same machine (Win2000).
I have also tried a change I noticed elsewhere where I changed
{jboss.bind.address} in uil2-service.xml to actual IP address without
success (though I think this may be OK anyway in 3.2.4)

App on Jboss (MDB) using same jndi work fine though obviously this is
on the same machine - it post stats to the topic to be retrieved by a number of remote
clients.

I can telnet to the port and get some gibberish so It would appear to listening.

Systems

Client on Win2000 with JDK 1.4
Jboss 3.2.4 on Linux also running JDK 1.4

  | InitialContext iniCtx = null;
  | if (true){
  |   Properties properties = new Properties();
  |  properties.put Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3840440#3840440

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3840440