Well....

I have got a small site running JBoss. About 1000 visitors a day. The site is
reasonably complex - light pages are about 10 database requests, the heavier pages
need up till 1000 database requests.

Before JBoss I had the same war's where running flawlessly on Tomcat (for years).
Since i moved to JBoss there are a dozen different reasons that crashed my website.
Crash means crash and no recovery. With help of the the server.log I have solved most
of problems but still the website by far lacks the stability of my previous Tomcat set
up.

For Bolt - do decent load testing. My JBoss worked fine in development - but the first
days in production it had a TTL of 1 - 2 hours. (Now the TTL is about 24 hours - just
enough to restart it only once a day!)

To get my website running production level with Tomcat is a matter of weeks. With
JBoss you should be counting on a learning curve of several months (i am not there
yet!). Unless of course you have a Mickey Mouse website.

Jaap

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3840866#3840866

Reply to the post :