I have this cmr setup between a company and a division(which is another company).

/**
* @ejb:interface-method
*
* @ejb.relation name = "CompanyDivisions" role-name="company-has-divisions"
* target-ejb="Company" target-role-name="divisions-of-the-company" type="java.util.Set"
*
* @jboss.target-relation fk-column="PARENT_COMPANY" related-pk-field="id"
*/
public abstract Set getCompanyDivisions();

when the remove on company is called it pukes with an ORA-00972: identifier too long
exception.  the generated sql alias for the relationship is too long.

generated sql ---
-----
SELECT
           COMPANY.PARENT_COMPANY,
           COMPANY_Company_companyDivisions.COMPANY_NAME

FROM COMPANY COMPANY, COMPANY COMPANY_Company_companyDivisions
WHERE ........ blah blah...
-----

As you can see the second alias is over the oracle 30 some char limit.  Is there a way
around this or something that I am missing?

Thanks.
Casey

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3841089#3841089