Hi,

i dont know if this is a strange behavior, maybe all is fine.

i have a simple cmp bean(Minfo), one table. i get my bean this way:

  |                     Collection c = getHome().findByName(fileName);
  |                     Object[] obj = c.toArray();
  |                     for(int j = 0; j < obj.length; j++) {
  |                             Minfo info = null;
  |                             if (obj[j] instanceof Minfo) info = (Minfo)obj[j];
  |                             System.out.println(info.getId());

  |                     }

Every time info.getId() is called, jboss makes a SQL-Query, six calls of getId()
produce this in my server.log:

  | Executing SQL: SELECT id,filename, extension, disk, size, id3title, id3artist,
id3length, id3bitrate FROM minfo WHERE (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?)
OR (id=?)
  | Executing SQL: SELECT id,filename, extension, disk, size, id3title, id3artist,
id3length, id3bitrate FROM minfo WHERE (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?)
  | Executing SQL: SELECT id,filename, extension, disk, size, id3title, id3artist,
id3length, id3bitrate FROM minfo WHERE (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?)
  | Executing SQL: SELECT id,filename, extension, disk, size, id3title, id3artist,
id3length, id3bitrate FROM minfo WHERE (id=?) OR (id=?) OR (id=?)
  | Executing SQL: SELECT id,filename, extension, disk, size, id3title, id3artist,
id3length, id3bitrate FROM minfo WHERE (id=?) OR (id=?)
  | Executing SQL: SELECT filename, extension, disk, size, id3title, id3artist,
id3length, id3bitrate FROM minfo WHERE (id=?)

every one more call of getId() is one less "OR (id=?) " in the sql-query. i ask this
because i have performance problems if i call get-methods.

thanks a lot

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3841499#3841499

Reply to the post :