Hi,
thank you for the great tutorial! I solved most of the pitfalls until the following
ones in chapter 8 & 9:

The file "MyStoreLoginService.wsdl" did not contain a description for the method
"loginUser()",
oviously because the generated classes "StoreAccessLocalHome" / "StoreAccessLocal"
does not contain this method.

Therefore I changed the entries in "deploy.wsdd" to
  <parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="de.fhg.ipsi.session.StoreAccessHome"/>
  |   <parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="de.fhg.ipsi.session.StoreAccess"/>
and the corresponding webservice appeared on the axis service list.

But if I take the wsdl description of this services and try to start the described
"TestClient" (chap. 9)  I get the following exception:

18:03:33,119 INFO  [EXCEPTIONS] AxisFault:
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.ClassCastException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.lang.ClassCastException
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.EJBProvider.createRemoteEJB(EJBProvider.java:168)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.EJBProvider.makeNewServiceObject(EJBProvider.java:147)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.getNewServiceObject(JavaProvider.java:261)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.getServiceObject(JavaProvider.java:138)
        at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:313)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:481)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:323)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:854)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:339)

Maybe I'm not allowed the take non-local interfaces as a webservice (?), but when I
tried to take the local ones as described in the tutorial, I did not get it at all.
Any help is appreciated,
 Peter

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3841524#3841524