I have a directory from which I'd like to serve static images.  This directory is
/usr/local/watermarks and lies outside of the jboss directory structure (which is in
/usr/local/jboss).  This is JBoss 3.2.4 and Tomcat 5.0.26.
 Inside of <Engine name="jboss.web" defaultHost="localhost">  I've added this

  | <Host name="localhost" debug="99"
  |        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
  |        xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
  |
  | <!-- ADD WATERMARKS DIRECTORY -->
  |       <Context path="/watermarks" appBase="webapps"
  |                  docBase="/usr/local/watermarks"
  |                  debug="99" reloadable="true">
  |       </Context>
  |       </Host>

Going to http://mymachinename.com/watermarks/ I get a 404 and the message:  The
requested resource (/watermarks/) is not available.

I've found no error messages in the logs regarding the watermarks context.  Is there
some way to get JBoss or Tomcat to tell me *why* the context is unavailable?
  I had this working with JBoss 3.2.3 so I know its not just a filesystem permissions
issue.  JBoss or Tomcat are preventing me from seeing the watermarks context for some
reason.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3841576#3841576