During my tests with the JDBCOptimisticLock strategy (which worked btw), I encountered
a problem: how can I catch the exception thrown by JBoss when an update error occured:

     [java] JBossTransactionRolledbackException was:
org.jboss.tm.JBossTransactionRolledbackException: null; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.jboss.tm.JBossRollbackException: Unable to commit,
tx=TransactionImpl:XidImpl [FormatId=257, GlobalId=HERTZ//186, BranchQual=] sta
tus=STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION; - nested throwable: (javax.ejb.EJBException: Update failed.
Expected one affected row: rowsAffected=0, id=1); - nested thro
wable: (org.jboss.tm.JBossRollbackException: Unable to commit,
tx=TransactionImpl:XidImpl [FormatId=257, GlobalId=HERTZ//186, BranchQual=] status=STAT
US_NO_TRANSACTION; - nested throwable: (javax.ejb.EJBException: Update failed.
Expected one affected row: rowsAffected=0, id=1)

I am not able to catch this neither on the server nor on the client.

Any hints?

Thanks, marek

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3841865#3841865