More information...

I am running JBoss 3.2.3 on Java 1.4.2.

The MDBs and Session Beans that perform the background processing perform fairly heavy
file IO on a scheduled bases (local file IO and network file IO). I'm pretty much
convinced that the memory problems are related to this part of the application.
However, I am ensuring that all of my file handles are correctly closed and none of
them are declared outside the scope of an individual method.

I'm also pretty sure that it is a memory "leak" since the amount of memory used grows
each time I run the scheduled task and is not fully recovered when I force a garbage
collection. I know that the EJB spec does not recommend file IO within EJBs but this
application is very file based and a database is not really a viable alternative. Any
help in possible ways to pinpoint this problem would be appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3842463#3842463

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3842463