The timer code is, as you have guessed, in the onMessage() method.  The timeout is
checked before doing work so that anything out of date can be refreshed.

You can then read directly from Preferences, a Properties file, or an Entity bean as I
suggested.  You may have problems reading a file as the J2EE specification says that
you can't use classes from the java.io package.  However, log4j writes OJK so you may
be able to read a file.

I would suggest that you don't try to create JDBC connections in code.  That won't be
very performant, as you need to create a connection on each stateless session beabn
call, andf the connections can't be pooled.

What you could do is to create two or more DataSource objects, each with a different
JNDI name and connection pool.

You can then read the JNDI name of the Datasource to look up from your Preferences
file.

An alternative, if you have control of the database schema, is to use a single
database with a single Datasource and connection pool, and then to create separate
logical schema in the Database by using a composite key, of which the first column
identifies the schema :-

  | create table myData( varchar schemaId, varchar myKey, ..... );

That will be the fastest solution, and will use less resources, but may not be
practical in your environment.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3842582#3842582

Reply to the post :