Hi,

I'm newbie using JBoss, and I'm trying to create my first "Hello World"
Session Bean and client java application with JBoss IDE.

My configuration is:
  JBoss 3.2.5
  Eclipse 3.0

under Windows XP

At this moment, I've made the Bean, with the ejb-jar.xml and JBoss.xml
files and I've exported it in a JAR file named Hello.jar into
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy,

obtaining the next messages in
the Eclipse console pane:

---
17:06:37,530 INFO  [EjbModule] Deploying Hello
17:06:37,931 INFO  [EJBDeployer] Deployed:
file:/D:/jboss325/server/default/deploy/Hello.jar

The contents of the JBoss.xml are

  <enterprise-beans>

      <ejb-name>Hello</ejb-name>
      <jndi-name>ejb/Hello</jndi-name>

  </enterprise-beans>

And the contents of the ejb-jar.xml file are

<ejb-jar>
  <enterprise-beans>

      <ejb-name>Hello</ejb-name>
      org.home.HelloEJB.HelloHome
      org.home.HelloEJB.Hello
      <local-home>org.home.HelloEJB.HelloLocalHome</local-home>
      org.home.HelloEJB.HelloLocal
      <ejb-class>org.home.HelloEJB.HelloBean</ejb-class>
      <session-type>Stateless</session-type>

  </enterprise-beans>
</ejb-jar>

Until this point I've thought "everything is OK", so I started with the client

Firstly, I've included in the Eclipse client project class path, the files

$JBOSS_HOME/client/log4j.jar
$JBOSS_HOME/client/jbossall-client.jar
$JBOSS_HOME/client/log4j.jar
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/Hello.jar

After that, I've made a single class client with only a main method. It begins:

Properties props = new Properties();
props.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
props.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming.client");
props.put("java.naming.provider.url", "jnp://localhost:1099");
Context ctx = new InitialContext(props);

After that, I've tried

  HelloHome home = (HelloHome) ctx.lookup("ejb/Hello");

My client app compiles allright but in the line above I receive the
following exception:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb not bound
....(StackTrace lines)

I've tried changing the JNDI path (ejb/Hello) and including
another files in the client classpath from the JBoss client folder
with the same result.

I donÂt know if I'm incorrectly deploying my SessionBean, If I made
a mistake in the client code or xml configuration files, or what
can be wrong. Both client app and SessionBean are expected to run
in the same computer.

Can anybody help me to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance ( And sorry for my English, I'm Spanish ;) )

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3843169#3843169

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3843169