Hi,

I use a Java-To-COM bridge in a statefull session bean and I MUST manage here an
object (a java handler class containing the reference to the COM object) like a global
object over all session beans.

I tryied this by implementing a singleton class as an attribute of the session bean,
but I get an exception when the bean will be passivated - the bridging classes use
sockets to communicate to COM :-(

I cannot destroy and recreate the COM-handler class, because this will
destroy and recreate the COM object. I need here something like an unremovable
singleton object that act like a server or for my session bean.

Any ideas how to solve this problem ?

Best thanks in advance,

 Adrian

View the original post :