I have a MDB that receives a message and then creates two messages that it delivers
onto two different queues. This system will eventually (if I ever get it there)
receive hundreds of thousands of messages an hour, so it's important I figure this
out. When I put a few hundred messages onto the MDBs queue I start getting the
following exception sporadicly:

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Could not crate tx: 640; - nested throwable:
(java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique index: SYS_PK_JMS_TRANSACTIONS in
statement [INSERT INTO JMS_TRANSACTIONS (TXID) values(640)])
        at
org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.createPersistentTx(PersistenceManager.java:666)
        at org.jboss.mq.pm.TxManager.createTx(TxManager.java:77)
        at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSDestinationManager.transact(JMSDestinationManager.java:419)
        at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSServerInterceptorSupport.transact(JMSServerInterceptorSupport.java:186)
        at
org.jboss.mq.security.ServerSecurityInterceptor.transact(ServerSecurityInterceptor.java:182)
        at org.jboss.mq.server.TracingInterceptor.transact(TracingInterceptor.java:438)
        at org.jboss.mq.server.JMSServerInvoker.transact(JMSServerInvoker.java:186)
        at
org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.ServerSocketManagerHandler.handleMsg(ServerSocketManagerHandler.java:166)
        at
org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.handleMsg(SocketManager.java:356)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.msgs.BaseMsg.run(BaseMsg.java:377)
        at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:748)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique index: SYS_PK_JMS_TRANSACTIONS
in statement [INSERT INTO JMS_TRANSACTIONS (TXID) values(640)]
        at org.hsqldb.Trace.getError(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbcResultSet.(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbcConnection.executeStandalone(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbcConnection.execute(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(WrappedPreparedStatement.java:335)
        at
org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.createPersistentTx(PersistenceManager.java:660)
        ... 11 more

Any help is greatly appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3844027#3844027