Hi James,
      Thanks for the tips and explanation, they help greatly.

       As you have noticed, I have already tried both the value bean and SLSB
approaches with limited improvement in performance. I even had a method that packed
the strings together with a pipe | separator. Yes it was faster but less flexible and
maintainable.

     I really would have thought that the read-only tags should turn off a lot of the
intermediate layer locking, dirty bit etc. Security, I would have thought, would only
happen once at the query or 'record' level, a R/O bean could then be returned in toto.

     I have implemented the JDBC route, and have no performace problems.  there (the
Action completes in seconds).

     Many thanks, anyway, I now wont go barking up the wrong tree.

Chris

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3844163#3844163

Reply to the post :