Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm getting asked how a J2EE application can
terminate a looping EJB method called under a Message-Driver Bean.

Everything I read about JMX indicates that it is an essentially passive agent: you can
set a property, but unless the looping code voluntarily checks the property and stops
itself, you have no ability to interrupt or terminate it.

I suspect that this is not really an application function, but more the province of a
JVMTI tool, and therefore outside of J2EE and not the application's worry.  My
marketing folks (who are not really familiar with J2EE) are saying "there's gotta be a
way to cancel a unit of work", and I can't find any real-world discussion of how J2EE
apps do this, if they do it at all.

How would this be done in a JBoss environment ?  Is it even possible ?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3844177#3844177

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3844177