Hi, I'm trying to migrate a web app from Tomcat 5.0.25 onto JBoss 3.2

On my original deployment, I had a custom JNDI resource, with a custom ResourceFactory
class thaht initialized the instance.

I configured that using server.xml with the following code snippet:

<Resource name="messaging/MessageResolver" auth="Container"
type="gr.talent.messaging.http.server.components.ResolverImpl"/>

  |      <ResourceParams name="messaging/MessageResolver">
  |         <parameter>
  |                 <name>factory</name>

<value>gr.talent.messaging.http.server.components.ResolverFactory</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |         <parameter>
  |             <!--
  |                 Defines the directory under which all the channels will save their
configuration
  |                 files. The dir structure is of type <system
dir>/<channel-name>/<channel-name>-config.xml
  |              -->
  |                 <name>systemConfigPath</name>
  |                 <value>/projects/dataman/res/server</value>
  |         </parameter>
  |
  |     </ResourceParams>

Then , I modified my web.xml file to include the following:

<resource-env-ref>
  |           <description>
  |             Resolver for IHandler instances.
  |           </description>
  |
  |           <resource-env-ref-name>
  |             messaging/MessageResolver
  |           </resource-env-ref-name>
  |
  |           <resource-env-ref-type>
  |             gr.talent.messaging.http.server.components.ResolverImpl
  |           </resource-env-ref-type>
  |         </resource-env-ref>

... and that worked like a charm :]

Unfortunately, now that I'm trying to deploy on JBoss I've not the slightest clue as
to how to configure JBoss to achieve the same effect.

Any pointers will be GREATLY appreciated !!!

Cheers,
Angel
O:]

View the original post :