I find it hard to believe you have marketing people speaking of units of work.

Your right that this is not a j2ee specific issue. Generically how to you cause a
thread of execution to break out of this loop:

  |    long i = 0;
  |    while( true )
  |        i ++;

Getting hold of the thread and invoking stop (which is deprecated, see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/index.html) or interrupt are not guraneteed to
work. The real issue is that java has no reliable capability for stopping a rouge
thread.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3844318#3844318

Reply to the post :