I'm migrating our application from WebSphere to JBoss 3.2.5.
During this migration I faced rather anoying problem.
Or EAR file has a lot of EJB jar files and many of them
reference each other via Class-Path entry in manifest.mf file.

manifest.mf for EJB X looks like this (excerpt):

Class-Path: ./common.jar
 ./ejbA.jar
 ./ejbB.jar
 ./ejbC.raj

What I'm getting with JBoss is this

  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] using deployer [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] new manifest entry for sdi at ejbX.jar entry
is ./common.jar
  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Copying file:/m:/xxx.ear/common.jar ->
Y:\JBoss-3.2.5\server\esp\tmp\deploy\tmp42609common.jar
  | [org.jboss.deployment.JARDeployer] No xml files found
  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] using deployer [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] new manifest entry for sdi at ejbX.jar entry
is ./ejbA.jar
  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] new manifest entry for sdi at ejbX.jar entry
is ./ejbB.jar
  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Copying file:/m:/xxx.ear/ejbC.jar ->
Y:\JBoss-3.2.5\server\esp\tmp\deploy\tmp42610ejbC.jar
  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] using deployer [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  | [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] The manifest entry in
file:/m:/xxx.ear/ejbX.jar references URL file:/m:/xxx.ear/ejbC.jar which could not be
opened, entry ignored

Where common.jar is just a library and ejb[A|B|C] are EJBs used by ejbX.
No references are specified in ejbX's ejb-jar.xml file to other EJBs.

It happens for different referenced EJB in different JARs.

First question is why JBoss decided to copy ejbC.jar (and Tidy.jar)on deployment but
didn't
copy ejbA.jar and ejbB.jar?

Second why does it fail in JBoss at all when it works fine in WebSphere?
The failure shows itself when I try to lookup bean ejbX, even though
JBoss reports it as deployed I get NamingException.

Any ideas?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3844507#3844507

Reply to the post :