I am trying to connect my JBoss application to Oracle to use so that Dukes Bank is
uses an Oracle Database instead of HyperStream I have tried to follow the tutorial in
the Dukes Bank example using OracleXA:

These are the steps I have carried out so far:

1) I have modified the oracle-ds and deployed it to :
C:\jboss-3.2.5\server\default\deploy

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>OracleDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:BankDB</connection-url>
      <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
    <user-name>system</user-name>
    manager
    <!-- Uses the pingDatabase method to check a connection is still valid before
handing it out from the pool -->

<!--valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name-->
    <!-- Checks the Oracle error codes and messages for fatal errors -->

<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
        <!-- sql to call when connection is created
        <new-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</new-connection-sql>
        -->

        <!-- sql to call on an existing pooled connection when it is obtained from
pool - the OracleValidConnectionChecker is prefered
        <check-valid-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</check-valid-connection-sql>
        -->

  </local-tx-datasource>

2)) Modified C:\jboss-3.2.5\server\default\conf\jboss-service.xml

<!-- The configurable Xid factory.  For use with Oracle, set pad to true -->

      true

3) Copied classes12.jar to C:\jboss-3.2.5\server\default\lib

4) Copied oracle-xa-ds to C:\jboss-3.2.5\server\default\deploy

  <xa-datasource>
    <jndi-name>XAOracleDS</jndi-name>
    <track-connection-by-tx/>
    <isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>
    <xa-datasource-class>oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
    <xa-datasource-property
name="URL">jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:BankDB</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="User">system</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="Password">manager</xa-datasource-property>

<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
    <!-- Oracles XA datasource cannot reuse a connection outside a transaction once
enlisted in a global transaction and vice-versa -->
    <no-tx-separate-pools/>
  </xa-datasource>

    <depends
optional-attribute-name="TransactionManagerService">jboss:service=TransactionManager

But I am not sure what to do next as regards the jboss-build.xml file:

It makes references to the HyperSonic Build Tool, since I want to use Oracle I should
delete all references to hsqldb in the jboss-build.xml, but not to sure what I should
add to make sure that Dukes Bank points at Oracle.

Thanks for any help.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3844848#3844848

Reply to the post :