Hi,

I'm currently evaluating migrating from a Tomcat 5 + Tyrex (JTA) combo to JBoss 3.2.x
- Tomcat 5 (no EJB). I looked at the distribution and would like to ask a few basic
questions regarding how Tomcat is integrated with JBoss.

1) server.xml

It looks as if I can use all normal Tomcat 5 configuration options with the integrated
Tomcat, i.e. I will still be able to use my existing Services, Connectors and Hosts
but have to use the corresponding JBoss Service Implementation.  Is that correct?

2) JNDI

I assume that I will configure my datasources and in-memory TX manager with standard
JBoss means and then be able to define ResourceLinks to the datasources or UserTX in
my webapps. Is that correct?

So I should be done by peforming the following steps:
- configure TX manager and datasources in JBoss
- modify my existing server.xml file (service impl and datasource resourcelinks)

Am I missing something? Any gotchas I should look out forÃ

Thanks in advance,

Robert

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3845586#3845586